May 27, 2013

Quilting Updates

It was a really productive weekend at my house!  The holiday didn't give me a reason to slack off; instead, I got quite a bit of sewing done!


The April do.Good Stitches blocks needed to be sewn up.  I originally had plans to make two baby quilts, but I only received blocks from about half of the members, so I only had enough for one crib-sized quilt.  


I quilted in straight lines about one inch apart.  I used a solid FreeSpirit for the binding (I can't remember the color name...) and Momo Big Dots for the back.  I had bought it on a whim for a backing and it worked out beautifully!


I still need to sew the label on the back and send it out, but that sounds like a job for the couch tomorrow night.

I also sewed the quilt top for the Rainbow quilt I mentioned last week.


It worked out really well!  I only had to buy the white fabric--everything else was from my stash.


It came together really quickly.  I cut out the blocks earlier last week, but cut out all the white last night, and then sewed it all together.  I bought backing and binding, but decided I needed a break!  The baby shower isn't for another month or so.  I have plenty of time!



 What'd you sew this weekend?

1 comment: