April 8, 2013

do.Good April Designs

When I signed up for do.Good Stitches at the beginning of the year, I signed up for two months of designing (and eventually quilting) our circle's quilts.  April and October were the months, and while I can say I had been thinking about it a lot since January, I can't say I had been thinking of it enough to make a decision about bee blocks!

Finally, though, I had to choose a design last week.  I originally had grandiose plans of designing blocks and distributing instructions, but life happened and I had zero time for that.  So I started researching (via Pinterest, a very academic resource) some of my favorite quilt blocks.

Turns out, to no one's surprise, that I really like half-square triangles.  And it also turns out that there was already a half-square triangle block of the month online...for free.  Enter Jeni B.'s tutorial!

Source

I've instructed our bee to make two blocks for two different quilts.  You guys know me by now: I love a quick baby quilt because that's about all the attention span I have.  Each bee member will send me a block of her choice in black, white, and/or gray, and a block of her choice in cool colors like purple or blue.  Then I can make two quilts for our charity!

I have to decide what fabrics I want to use for the blocks I have to make!

I still have some Constellations left from my FQ bundle I purchased in December.  I might use some of that:

This is Constellations' Twinkle Twinkle in black

I also have a nice gray from Jay McCarroll's Center City collection:

The print is Boston in Midtown

For my second block, I remembered that I have a bunch of Cuzco from Kate Spain that I've never touched!

Citadel print in Indigo
And I have some of Sarah Jane's Out to Sea that's been on my shelves since August!

This is Seaweed in Navy
I'm still not sure which blocks I'll make, though!

For any bee members reading, I hope you enjoy making your blocks!  I can't wait to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment