April 4, 2013

A quilt for Pruin



All it took was a little push the quilt is done and hung.  And not a moment too soon.  Next week we are full term and this little wriggler could arrive anytime.

I took the binding very seriously this time.  I read at least three tutorials and was diligent in my measuring, cutting, ironing.  I even manged neat corners.  Quite an accomplishment for me really.

The hanging loops are temporary.  I played with the idea of sewing them into the binding, but I couldn't quite get my head around the best way to go about it, so they are afterthoughts.  At least sewing-wise as I always planned to hang the quilt in our bedroom.

So that's it.  Another project completed.

I still have a fair amount of material from Pete's shirts and the backing material.  They are going into the stash for a future project.  What that may be I have yet to decided.

In fact, I'm not sure what my next project will be as my life and schedule are about to change dramatically.  I have some ideas but execution may be difficult 

Stay Tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment