March 29, 2013

Monthly Round-up

A collection of the links we highlighted throughout the month with a few extras thrown in for good measure.


It was a slow month for links.  We hunkered down and got to work on some outstanding projects and didn't spend much time on the interwebs.  Or so it would seem.


This month we continued our occasional Wordless Wednesday.

We also gave a little love to our local sewing shops; the Quilted Thimble Cottage in Belmont, NC and Sewing Time in Blackheath, London.  Related posts here, here, and here.

Emily finally decided between the Swoon and Fireworks patterns for her mom here.

Ariel gave in and visited Liberty in London for a peek at their fabric selection.  (And came home with three samples and some ribbon).



Some extra link love goes out to this tutorial from City Stitches on half square triangles (or HSTs to those in the know).  Emily loves her some HSTs and this is her preferred tutorial for making a bunch in one go.

It's the Easter Bank Holiday over on this side of the pond and I'm whipping up some homemade Hot Cross Buns* (or HCBs for those in the know).  The recipe is one I pulled from a magazine a few years ago, but this blogger seems to appreciate it's value as well (although slightly more enthusiastically than I).  I substitute craisins for sultanas and if I'm feeling really rebellious, I throw in a few chocolate chips.  

last year's result

Have a fantastic weekend!



*This was also my Gramma Rosa's nickname for me.  Hot Cross Buns.  I ask you.

No comments:

Post a Comment