December 7, 2012

Friday Round-up

Each Friday, one of us does a little round-up of stuff that has stuck in the brain this week.  Kind of like an ear-wig, but with stuff.  Ear-wigs are okay, too.  It's not always sewing related.


screen shot from Kathryn Clark's blog

This week I only have one link for you.  I first found this on Mighty Girl, just a snippet about a particular quilt of a neighbourhood in Cleveland, Ohio (my hometown).

On further investigation of Kathryn Clark's Foreclosure Quilts I found a fascinating geographical project combining the memory and timelessness of quilts and social comment.

Well worth a look.



1 comment:

  1. I saw these on Mighty Girl and loved them. It bums me out but I like the artistry in them.

    Have you seen the map quilts by Haptic Lab? http://www.hapticlab.com/ They're way out of my price range but they're a dream.

    ReplyDelete