November 9, 2012

Friday Round-up

Each Friday, one of us does a little round-up of stuff that has stuck in the brain this week.  Kind of like an ear-wig, but with stuff.  Ear-wigs are okay, too.  It's not always sewing related.



From Cluck Cluck Sew
As luck would have it, I have had a bit of an ear-wig going this week.  'Let's go fly a kite' is circling my brain and I can't for the life of me figure out why.  So when this little quilt pattern popped up I knew I had to include it this week.  So simple.  I love it.  I've been thinking a lot about my next project and while it will still be made of re-purposed clothing, I was thinking of going a bit more traditional in terms of pattern.  This might be just the ticket.



photo by me
This monkey is my life long companion.  He watched me come into this world and I wouldn't doubt that he will be around when I go out.  He is well-travelled and well-loved.  He currently serves as the old wise man among our small stuffed toy collection.  It is tradition in our family to buy any new baby a sock monkey.  For awhile they were very hard to find.  Recently they have had a bit of a resurgence and while they are more readily available now, I have a bee in my bonnet to make my own.  But where to get the socks?  This is where the internet comes in handy.  Here and are the socks and you can also buy a sock monkey pattern.




Chipmunk here, Tattooed man here
Speaking of making stuffed toys...I found this particular pin board through A Printable Press.  How cool are these?  The chipmunk is just too cute (and resourceful.  I predict a lot of lost gloves and mittens in my future).  But the tattooed man?  That is right up my (clown) alley.  I'm all for circus themed toys and an Edwardian Tattooed Man?  That's classy.




Plum Alley Wallpaper from here
Which leads me to some pretty awesome wallpaper.  Elephants (of all sizes) on parade.  This just has 'me' written all over it.  Too bad it's $170 a roll before international shipping.  A girl can dream.



That's it from me.  Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment