September 3, 2012

Unreliable Internet!

Hi!  It's Labor Day here in the States, and Nick and I are in Beaufort, South Carolina, visiting my parents.  I had started a new quilt last week, and even took pictures while working on it, so I could schedule today's blog post and keep everyone up to date!

Well, there was a slight problem: before we left Thursday, the internet died at our apartment.  No matter what I did, it wasn't coming back!  So my pictures are on my computer in Maryland, while I'm in South Carolina until sometime Monday afternoon.  Oh well!


Due to the unforeseen circumstances, I'm going to leave you with some pictures of my mom's Sparkle Punch quilt (graciously held by Nick), as well as a gratuitous picture of me and Nick in Savannah Saturday.

My mom used this sewalong/tutorial from Oh Fransson! to make the Sparkle Punch quilt, and she used lots and lots of scraps from both of our stashes to make all 100 blocks--stars or partial stars.  I look at it and see so much of what I've made: clothes, accessories, whatever!  She plans on making a coordinating scrap quilt (different pattern, though), as she wants both used in a guest room that has two twin beds.

Here are the pictures!  If you have any questions, let me know.  I didn't make it, but I can always ask her!  I also took these with my phone so I could put them on my dad's computer for this post, but I should have better pictures up on Flickr sometime this week.




Her only messed-up block!  I think it's hilarious.
Hot and sweaty in Savannah, after a few beers, no less

Next week, barring any other bizarre technological problems, I'll have my progress on a Pow Wow Chicopee quilt, and maybe even some fun stuff from my Modern Quilt Guild meeting this week!  How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment