September 21, 2012

Friday Round-Up


Man, we are deep into the kitten stage here at the Sposetta-Regnier residence.  The cat is adorable, but he's driving us completely crazy.  While I love his playfulness, there is a line, and he crossed it when he knocked over a vase of flowers before 7 AM.

Here's what interested me this week!

  • Purl SoHo announced their new line of embroidery patterns, a collaboration with Egg Press.  As an embroiderer and a fan of Purl, I love these!  I think they'd be perfect for a nursery or a girly bedroom.  I just have to convince myself $60 isn't too much to spend on crafting!
  • Pumpkin cookies with brown-butter icing sound like a perfect dessert at this point in the season.  Too bad Nick doesn't like pumpkin or I'd be forced to make and eat them all!
  • I know you've seen this gingham patchwork quilt by now.  It's everywhere!  I think I'm going to make one in purple.  I love the simplicity!
  • Is it wrong to wear a cardigan over my wedding dress?  Oh well.  I've started gathering ideas  for what I'll either make or buy and they all scream "cardigan."  (You can read my thoughts on my wedding here.)
  • I saw this on Pinterest last night and thought it was particularly relatable for sewists.  Everything we do has love and passion stitched into it, but sometimes there are mistakes.  Let's hope we learn from them!
Have a great weekend, everyone!  Feel free to share your inspiration in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised that you would want to wear a cardigan over your wedding dress? I'm surprised your mother didn't think of it first. What you should do is ask your Aunt Theresa to make you a wedding shawl to wear. Really. Ask her now and please don't get married for at least a year. or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we aren't getting married for a year, but I think I'll ask for the traditional Aunt Theresa knitted gift of a single sock.

      Delete