August 24, 2012

Friday Round-Up


Oh my good lord...why did Friday take so long this week?!  

  • Wild Olive's printable quilt cards are adorable.  How would I use them?  I can see them becoming note cards (perhaps writing down notes about projects, things you've learned, etc...), little handmade calling cards, bookmarks, whatever!  So cute.
  • Dessert!  I found some great recipes this week, from brownies on Smitten Kitchen to fall apple cake from Martha Stewart.
  • Speaking of fall, as you can see from the above picture, it's pumpkin beer time in these parts!  I don't remember it coming so early, but boy, am I thankful.  Post Road Pumpkin (Brooklyn Brewery) is my favorite, but this Punk'n from Uinta Brewery in Utah stole my heart with its label and its taste.
  • I am in love with Aneela Hoey's Cherry Christmas, and Amanda made an awesome pillow with it this week.  I may grab a charm pack and make one just like it!
  • And because I mentioned Aneela Hoey, did you see her sneak peek of Posy?  It's quite different from her usual look and reminds me more of Heather Ross, which is right up my alley.  I can't wait for January!
What are you sewing this weekend?  I have some great projects to show you on Monday, but tomorrow I'm heading to an LQS (over an hour away...not so local) with a friend from my Modern Quilt Guild.  Here's hoping we find some good stuff!  (Because we definitely both need more fabric...)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Autumn! Pumpkin Ale! - I share your love. Have you tried Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale? It is absolutely one of my favorites and I highly recommend it. The use of spices is phenomenal. :)

    Now, off to check out that brownie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't tried that, but I'll pick it up the next time I go to Total Wine. I'm trying to pace myself this year--I don't like winter ales, so I don't want to go overboard on Pumpkin, you know?

      Delete